|Ann Gladys Allen Stancil |
and her new cocker spaniel puppy.
- 3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup butter (margarine just isn't the same!)
- 1 small can (5 oz.) evaporated milk. Don't use sweetened condensed milk!
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow crème
- I cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 tsp. vanilla (not the fake stuff!)
- Measure all your ingredients before starting. Once you get started, you'll need to work fast.
- Line a 9-in square pan with foil leaving extra over the side to use as handles.
- Bring sugar, butter, and evaporated milk to a full rolling boil in a 3 qt. saucepan on medium heat. Stir constantly, it will stick to the bottom and burn in a skinny minute!
- Cook for about 4 minutes until a candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add chips and marshmallow crème. Stir like crazy until all is melted. Mama often had Daddy standing by to put some real muscle into the stir!
- Add nuts and vanilla.
- Pour into prepared pan and spread to cover bottom of pan.
- Cool completely. Use foil handled to lift fudge from pan before cutting into small squares.