|John Exum Sauls and |
Agnes Belle Stancil Sauls
She had two siblings; my grandfather Jesse Bernard, and Mary Pearl.
When she was 19, Aunt Belle married John Exum SAULS, son of Leonard Jefferson SAULS and Dizzie JOHNSON, on 14 Dec 1919 in Johnston County, North Carolina.
The 1930 census found Aunt Belle and her family in Durham County, North Carolina. She was 29 years old. She also appears on the 1940 census.
Aunt Belle and husband John Exum SAULS had 5 children:
1. Agnes Louise SAULS, born on 26 Feb 1921 in Granville County, North Carolina. She died in Jan 1969 and married Unknown FALCON on 25 Jun 1943.
2. John Exum SAULS was born on 25 Aug 1922 in Granville County, North Carolina, USA.
3. Joseph Willard SAULS was born on 14 Jun 1925 in Orange County, North Carolina. He died on 27 Jun 1940 in Hoke County, North Carolina.
4. Herbert Hoover SAULS was born on 17 Jan 1928 in Archer Lodge, Johnston County, North Carolina. He died in Nov 1928.
5. Garland Linwood SAULS was born on 03 Mar 1932 in Durham County, North Carolina.
I have been told Aunt Belle had Type II Diabetes and was blind. She died on 27 Jan 1969 in Johnston County, North Carolina at age 68.
Mrs. Agnes Sauls
Rites are Slated
Mrs. Agnes Sauls, 68, of Route 2, Clayton, died Monday in Johnston Memorial Hospital following a long illness.
She was a native of Johnston County. Her parents were the late Joseph H. and Fannie Johnson Stancil.
A graveside service will be held at 2 o'clock Wednesday afternoon in Woodlawn Memorial Park in Durham, The Rev. Ronald Creech will officiate.
She is survived by her husband, John E. Sauls; one daughter Mrs. Agnes Sauls Falcon of New Orleans, LA, two sons, John E. Sauls of Littleton, CO., and Garland L. Sauls of Durham; 10 grandchildren, and two great grandchildren.