|Draft Registration Card of Jesse Bernard Stancil|
Draft Registration Card:
Name: Jesse Bernard Stancil
Wilson's Mills, Rt. 1, North Carolina
Date of birth: Oct. 16, 1895
Draft board: 2
Tall, stout, brown eyes, black hair
Dated June 5, 1917
Sadly, his service records did not survive the fire of July 1973 at the Military Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri.
The good news is we've been able to piece together parts of his service.
- United States Army from July 22, 1918 to May 15, 1919
- Enlistment period of one year
- Honorable Discharge at a Private on May 15, 1919
- Stationed at Camp Lee, VA
- Company B, Conv. Cr. T
- Given travel pay from Fort Lee, VA to Selma, NC of $6.90 on July 22, 1918
- Paid a total of $1273.38
He did strike a handsome pose in uniform, no?